Ameba 6' x 4' fabric battle mat
- 6 foot by 4 foot
- 100% polyester
- This fabric is wrinkle resistant with minimal light reflection. The minimal space between threads on this fabric allows for exceptional print quality and opacity, more than other standard fabrics.
- Waterproof and UV safe, made to last
- Printed in the USA
- Mini game type: Flooded ground, air & water
- Hand washable for most spills and nonsense. Machine washable cold, air dry when needed :)
- **Above photo is most accurate on color of product**
I first came up with idea as a flooded ground type of scenario for Warhammer 40k (Games Workshop). I thought it would be cool to have a flooded field, ruined city or shallow reef type area. Limiting movement for ground troops and tanks while giving skimmers and flyers big advantage.
When we ran a battle on it we counted the whole area as flooded 1 to 2 foot of water, with damaged buildings and some higher ground terrain. Ground movement and charge distances were halved. because of the serious flooding, tanks and heavy vehicles treated whole area as difficult terrain. Jump & jet pack troops were not affected by movement restrictions when using their pack maneuvers but did treat landing as a difficult terrain check. Crawlers & walkers were slowed but handled the terrain as long as they did not go flat out. Skimmers & flyers had no hindrances.
It was a lot of fun, we are still working out the play rules but you can make it as your own.
We also played a game of Dystopian Wars (From Spartan Games) and it was fun too. That steam punk style and the scale worked well on this mat. :)